Mango Red Cabbage Kaleslaw
Taste buds are sent to a tropical location when consuming. With the addition of lime and coconut in the mango dressing, this salad is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ or stay-at-home dinner. Another N.E.A.T. recipe: Nutritious, Easy, Affordable, and so Tasty! Enjoy the bonus recipe for the dressing included here too.
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 4 servings
- Mango Coconut Lime Dressing
- • 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- • ½ inch fresh organic ginger, peeled, grated or cut in very small pieces
- • 1 to 2 limes, juiced
- • ½ cup mango, fresh or frozen (thawed completely)
- • 1 large bunch dinosaur kale leaves (or any other if you can’t find), cut in strips or shredded
- • ¼ red cabbage, grated
- • ¼ cup diced mango fresh or frozen (thawed)
- • ⅛ cup fresh chives or green onions, chopped
- • ⅓ cup raw organic cashews or pumpkin seeds
- Make dressing: Liquefy the coconut oil in a small container over warm water. Add to a small blender, hand blender or Magic Bullet. Next add the ginger pieces, and lime juice. Blend for about ½ to 1 minute. Add the mango, and blend until completely mixed. Set aside.
- Make salad: Combine all in a salad bowl except cashews or seeds. Toss well with the Mango Coconut Lime Dressing above. Let rest for ½ hour for flavors to blend. Serve. Sprinkle on individual servings, 8 cashews or 1 to 2 tbsp. of pumpkin seeds.