SNNC's Perfect Pesto - Nut-free, and dairy-free!
Are you looking for a recipe to use up fresh basil? One that is entirely nut-free and dairy-free? This easy, tasty, and nutritious recipe is the answer. Spread it on cucumbers, topped with avocado, tomato, and spices (love Silk Road) for a delicious snack like you see here or use it as a dressing for a pesto salad, and don't forget to use it as a base for a delicious pasta dish!
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: ¼ cup
- 1.5 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 to 2 cloves, garlic, loosely chopped
- ⅓ cup raw, unsalted organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 to 2 organic lemons, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup Camelina oil or EVOO (I use from Evoolution!)
- 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons, nutritional yeast
- First add the pumpkin seeds and garlic, and pulse to chop up.
- Add the rest of ingredients and blend thoroughly, pausing to scrape sides.
- Note: adjust the amount of nutritional yeast to make it thicker or thinner to your liking. I use a mini-blender to do the trick!