Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I suggested to my husband that we stay home for supper -- something that we tend to do anyway to avoid the "madness" of the occasion -- and I make a meal just for the two of us. I tend to include something red on our plates, of course, the pretty typical color for the day. We had some sweet red peppers to use up. I was going to include them in a salad but decided to roast them since I knew the sweetness of the peppers would be drawn out. Perfect to compliment the lightly breaded cutlets, mashed lime parsnips, and broccoli that would become our meal.
You could say I've found another favorite seasoning. A go-to to flavor soups, stews, and vegetables. The mighty ingredients in this seasoning package shine when partnered with produce like squash, potatoes, and carrots. When I was looking for just the right amount of garlic and herb flavor to roast the sweet red peppers, I knew what to reach for, Garlic Herb Seasoning (given to me) from Splendor Garden.
You will find in each package organic ingredients like dehydrated vegetables (roasted garlic, onion, carrot, tomato, red and green bell peppers), orange and lemon peels, mustard, and other spices. Truly a unique and pleasing combination that adds plenty of nutrition power in every sprinkle. I find when roasted, the flavor mellows further presenting a full-bodied taste. It was really quite lovely to use the sweet red peppers and Garlic Herb Seasoning roasted together. Can't wait for a repeat.
Hope you enjoy... and don't wait for Valentine's Day to do so!
- 4 to 6 medium sweet red peppers
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Splendor Garden's Garlic Herb Seasoning
- Mineral or Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh basil pieces
- Cut in half and deseed the peppers.
- On a cookie tray lined with parchment paper, arrange the peppers with cut side up.
- Drizzle EVOO on top of each slice.
- Sprinkle on all the seasonings, to taste.
- Roast in 400 to 425 oven for 30 minutes, just until starting to blacken.
- To serve, arrange basil pieces on top.