I'm in love. Again. This recipe is almost too ridiculously easy to make with flavor, nutrition and ingredients that are easy to find. Wow. I could eat it almost every day. It's pretty to look at too!
Oh and the fiber assists with digestion from the beginning to the end. You may also want to know that its nutrition doesn't stop with the vegetables; the extra-virgin olive oil bathes your body with stellar properties to support your brain. You know, like, give you some clear thinking, mood enhancement, and love of family no matter what behavior they serve up at bedtime. (Okay, maybe not quite...)
I created a little video for you to view that mentions the ingredients. No worries. If you'd rather not watch or you want a hard copy of the ingredients and method, just leap over the video and locate the recipe below it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do... and drop me a note if you like to let me know what you think. Bye for now!
- ½ cup orange pepper (1 small or ½ large), or any color
- ¾ cup organic cucumbers, English variety preferred
- 8 to 10 organic small colorful tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup cooked black beans (drained, if using canned)
- 2 tbsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp dark balsamic vinegar
- mineral salt
- Drain black beans if using canned (or cook if using dried).
- Chop all vegetables; cube the feta cheese
- Add beans, vegetables, and cheese to a bowl. Mix gently.
- Add the oil and vinegar. Toss gently.
- Season to taste. I use fresh or dried basil or Italian seasoning or Greek spices. Use a pinch of mineral salt.