Spice up your life with this smoothie!
Let's get you kick-started in the morning. But, hey, have for lunch or supper too! Spices marry the ingredients here; the addition of ground pumpkin seeds and goji berries offer a uniquely different taste sensation. Lots of energy in this recipe to take you through any morning!
Recipe type: Smoothie
Serves: 1 to 2 servings
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp chia spice OR each ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 large handful greens
- 1 organic apple, core removed, sliced in quarters
- 1 heaping tablespoon, almond butter
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, ground (will be about ⅛ cup after ground) OR 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp. ground dried goji berries OR ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop hemp protein powder (optional)
- If you choose to use goji berries and pumpkin seeds, first grind in a coffee grinder or small blender and then reserve some to sprinkle on top after blending. Blend all ingredients. Enjoy!