If the food doesn't look good to start off with, I'm thinking you may likely pass on tasting it even if it is supposedly good for you.
Not the case, in this case.
Can you see the brilliant and bold pinkish-red colors in this smoothie just beckoning you to take a sip? And wow, when you do the flavor dances in the mouth. First you may taste a bit of zing, then pow, then.... ahhhhhhhhhh
I married up a few berries with the unexpected surprise (to some) of adding a rich, perfectly perfect dark raspberry balsamic vinegar from my favorite local purveyor of fine EVOO and vinegars. In Edmonton, it has to be Evoolution. Look them up here for locations: Evoolution
Back to the smoothie. Taste? check // Easy? check // and Nutritious? // check, check!! Vitamins, minerals, and protein are in this concoction that could be enjoyed anytime during the day, not just at breakfast. So clean, so fresh. So good for you. Enjoy this free recipe!
- 1 cup pure organic cranberry juice (I used Bremner from BC)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup organic strawberries
- ½ cup cherries
- 1 tbsp raspberry dark balsamic vinegar or any berry balsamic vinegar (I always use Evoolution in Edmonton, or get THE BEST anywhere else)
- Pea shoots and parsley, or a handful of mixed greens, fresh is best from a garden!
- 1 to 2 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- Blend thoroughly. ENJOY!